Error code C800-0080 occurs when you try to download an update
Error code C800-0080 is preceded by the following message:
- Can’t process the update. If the problem persists, go to www.xbox.com/support.
This may mean that your console has been tampered with or modified. Therefore, your console can no longer connect to Xbox Live, install software updates or play new games that require a console software update.
To resolve this problem, try the following solutions:
- Disconnect your Xbox 360
- Turn off automatic sign-in
To disconnect your Xbox 360, physically disconnect your network cable or remove your Xbox 360 Wireless Network Adaptor from the console.
You can use the following steps to turn off automatic sign-in so that you can play games offline. To turn off auto sign-in:
- Restart your console.
- Select No if you are prompted to update your console software.
- Press the Guide button on your controller.
- Go to Settings, and then select Profile.
- Select Sign-in Preferences.
- Set Profile Auto Sign-in to “Off”.
- Press the B button on your controller to return to the Xbox Dashboard.
Your console can now play your existing games offline. Any future attempts to sign in to Xbox Live or update your console software will result in an error.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Thanks for your feedback!
Provide feedback for this topic
Would you like to contact Support regarding the "Error code C800-0080 occurs when you try to download an update" issue you were reading about or a different issue?