Error 800704DC occurs when downloading your Xbox Live profile on Xbox 360
You see the following error code and message when you try to download your Xbox Live profile on your Xbox 360 console:
Sorry, Xbox Live profiles can't be downloaded right now. Please try again later.
Status Code: 800704DC
This may mean that there's a problem with the Xbox Live service, or with your Microsoft account.
Solution 1: Check the Xbox Live service status
If you see any alerts here, wait until the service is up and running and try again:
Solution 2: Verify your Microsoft account security information
If you've just created your account on Xbox.com but have not added security information, you’ll need to do so before you download your profile. This helps ensure that if you ever forget your password or lose access to your account, you can recover it. As extra security, Xbox 360 requires that you add two alternate contact methods.
Here’s how to add security information online:
- Sign in to the Security page with your email address and password.
- Select UPDATE INFO under Update your security information.
- Select either a phone or email to add, and then follow the steps provided.
- Repeat Step 3 with a second email or phone number.
- Return to your console and try to download your profile again.
Solution 3: Review your Microsoft account to determine your current status
If you've changed your payment option recently, make sure it was correctly updated in your billing account. If your payment option has expired, you'll have to change to a new credit card or add another payment option.
To change or update your payment option, see Add, update, or remove credit cards and other ways to pay, and then follow the instructions.
Solution 4: Troubleshoot your Xbox Live connection
This issue can occur if there's a problem with your Internet connection. Try troubleshooting your connection by using the Xbox 360 Connection Error Solution.
Solution 5: Verify the billing information in your Microsoft account
Make sure the billing information is correct in your Microsoft account:
- Sign in to the Payment & billing page with your Microsoft account.
- Select Billing info, and then follow the steps to review your billing information.
Note If there's an error, select Edit profile, and then follow the instructions to update the information.
Solution 6: Change your Microsoft account password
Try changing your Microsoft account password to resolve this issue:
- In a browser, go to your My account page.
- Click Change password.
- Type your current password and a new password, and then click Save.
- Sign out of your Microsoft account, and then sign in again.
- On your console, sign in to your Microsoft account and try to download your profile again.
Solution 7: Clear any stored information from your Xbox 360 console
There may be an issue with your Xbox profile stored on your Xbox 360 console. Delete your profile and redownload it:
- Wait 30 seconds.
- Turn on your modem and wait for it to come online (about a minute).
- Turn on the next piece of hardware (for example, your router) and wait another minute.
- Download your profile.
After your profile downloads, restart the console and then try to connect to Xbox Live.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Thanks for your feedback!
Provide feedback for this topic
Would you like to contact Support regarding the "Error 800704DC occurs when downloading your Xbox Live profile on Xbox 360" issue you were reading about or a different issue?