Troubleshoot the FrightPIX app on Xbox 360
This article describes how to resolve problems with the FrightPIX app on Xbox 360.
Xbox Live connection problems
If the FrightPIX app isn’t functioning smoothly on your console, you may have a connectivity problem. See the Xbox Live Slow Performance Solution.
Xbox 360 audio/video problems
If your Xbox 360 console isn’t providing good-quality video or audio, see Xbox 360 audio or video problems.
The FrightPIX app doesn't respond
- From the Xbox Dashboard, go to settings, and then System.
- Select Storage.
- Select your primary storage device.
- Select Games and Apps.
- Find and select any items that refer to "FrightPIX app."
- Select Delete.
- Return to the Xbox Dashboard.
- Go to apps, and then Browse Apps.
- Find and select the FrightPIX app.
- Select Confirm Download to download and install the app.
If the app still doesn't respond, contact Xbox Support.
You may get one of the following error messages when using the FrightPIX app.
Your Internet connection speed has become too slow. The quality of your video experience will be degraded.
Your connection speed is below the minimum requirement for this content. To learn what you can do to improve the performance of Xbox Live, see the Xbox Live Slow Performance Solution.
The content you are looking for is no longer available.
Wait about a minute, and then try to access the program again. If you continue to get the error, select something else to watch.
Your console Ratings system is not supported by the application. The application only supports US Ratings systems. You can turn off content controls in Settings, Family.
This means that either your locale is not set to "United States," or there’s an issue with your content controls (also known as parental controls).
To resolve this error, first make sure your region is set to "United States." For help, see Change your Xbox 360 settings.
If you continue to get the error even if your locale is set correctly, there may be an issue with the content controls. To work around the error, you can try turning them off. Here’s how:
- From the Xbox Dashboard, go to settings and select Family.
- Enter your pass code to continue.
- Set Content Controls to "Off."
For more information, see Set parental controls for Xbox 360 and Xbox Live.
This video requires the Optional Media Update. Please restart the application and try again.
Try the following options:
- Wait a few minutes, and then try watching the content again.
- If you get the same error, select different content to watch.
- If you continue to get the error, delete and reinstall the FrightPIX app.
- If reinstalling doesn't work, install the Optional Media Update. Here’s how:
- From the Dashboard, Go to Bing and search for "Optional Media Update."
- Select Optional Media Update.
- Select Optional Media Update again.
- Select Confirm Download. (The download is free.)
- Once the download is complete, select Continue, and then return to the Xbox Dashboard.
Important If you’re using a friend's console and have already downloaded the Optional Media Update on your console, you won’t be able to download the update again. The Optional Media Update can only be downloaded by any gamertag once. Your friend needs to download the update using a different gamertag.
You are trying to share this content, but your social network privileges are disabled. In order to share, please enable your social network privileges by going to Xbox Live online account privileges.
You get this error when Social Network Sharing is disabled. To enable Social Network Sharing, see Xbox 360 online safety and privacy settings for child accounts.
If you have a child account that’s monitored and controlled by a parent, your parent must update the settings. For information on how to update parental controls, see Set parental controls for Xbox 360 and Xbox Live.
If you think you received any of these messages in error, or to report an error, email FrightPIX.
To provide better support, did this solution solve your problem?
Thank you for your feedback
Thanks for your feedback!
Provide feedback for this topic
Would you like to contact Support regarding the "Troubleshoot the FrightPIX app on Xbox 360" issue you were reading about or a different issue?