Set up the NBC News app on Xbox 360
NBC News app basics
To watch NBC News on your Xbox console, you need the following:
- To be signed into an Xbox Live Account
- At least 75 megabytes (MB) of available storage space
Download the NBC News app
- On your Xbox console, sign in with your Xbox Live gamertag.
- Go to Apps and select Browse Apps.
- Browse for NBC News.
- Select NBC News to download and install the app.
- After the download is complete, the app automatically starts, and you can browse through the catalog and view details about the available content.
To start the NBC News app later, go to Video, My Video Apps, and then NBC News.
Watch NBC News
- Go to Video, My Video Apps, and then NBC News.
- From the News hub, you can:
- Watch any of the featured content displayed in this center hub.
- Navigate to the left to search for specific news stories.
- Navigate to the right to browse content categories.
- Select something that you want to watch, and then select Play.
Adjust app settings for NBC News
You can access the NBC News app settings on the far-right hub. From here you can:
- Run the Kinect Turner
- Turn on or off closed captions when available
- Turn on or off search history saving
- Reset your search history
Use Family Settings to control access to content
If you use Family Settings to control which movies and TV shows can be watched through Xbox Live, the NBC News app will follow these settings. For example, if you prohibit viewing of TV-MA-rated TV shows on your console, NBC News content with that rating will be marked with a "restricted video" icon. To play a locked item, an adult must enter the Family Settings pass code.
For more information about how to restrict movies and TV shows using a pass code, see Xbox 360 console parental controls.
To provide better support, did this solution solve your problem?
Thank you for your feedback
Thanks for your feedback!
Provide feedback for this topic
Would you like to contact Support regarding the "Set up the NBC News app on Xbox 360" issue you were reading about or a different issue?