Error 80150001 occurs when you use Xbox Live
You may see the following error code when you use Xbox Live:
This could mean one of two things:
- Your profile has become corrupted.
- You have more than 100 Xbox Live friends.
To resolve this problem, try the following solutions:
- If you get this error when you’re trying to download your Xbox Live profile, delete your profile, clear your cache, and recover your profile. Here’s how:
- Unplug any accessories attached to your console, such as a headset, the Xbox 360 Chatpad, or the Kinect sensor.
- Delete your profile. For more information, see Download, move, or delete your Xbox 360 profile.
- Clear your system cache twice. See How to clear your Xbox 360 system cache.
- Recover your gamertag. For more information, see Download, move, or delete your Xbox Live profile.
- Restart your console.
- Make sure you don’t have more than 100 Xbox Live friends. This error might occur when you have more than Xbox Live 100 friends (including pending friend requests).
If you get this error and have more than 100 Xbox Live friends, delete friends until you have 100 or fewer. For more information about managing your Xbox Live friends, see Find friends and connect on Xbox Live.
If you’re still experiencing the problem, contact Xbox Support by clicking the “Contact us” link at the bottom of this page.
To provide better support, did this solution solve your problem?
Thank you for your feedback
Thanks for your feedback!
Provide feedback for this topic
Would you like to contact Support regarding the "Error 80150001 occurs when you use Xbox Live" issue you were reading about or a different issue?