Error 8016CE52 occurs when try to make a purchase on Xbox Live
You see the following error message when you try to make a purchase on Xbox Live. For example, you might see the error message when you try to purchase content or an Xbox Live Gold Membership:
Can't Retrieve information from Xbox Live. Please try again later.
Status code: 8016CE52
This may mean that there’s a problem with the billing information for your Microsoft account.
Solution 1: Verify the information for your Microsoft account
To do this, follow these steps:
- Sign in to your Microsoft account.
- Click Billing.
- Verify your billing information.
- Sign out of your Microsoft account, and then sign in again.
- Sign in to Xbox Live and try to download the content again.
Solution 2: Contact your bank or financial institution
The Xbox Live purchase might have failed because:
- The credit card has not been activated.
- The credit card was declined due to insufficient funds.
- The credit card is not authorized for online purchases or automatic billing.
- The credit card company is blocking the transaction.
Contact your credit card company or bank and make sure that the card that you’re using was activated, that it has available funds, and that the transaction is not being blocked for some reason.
Solution 3: Use an Xbox gift card or membership card if available
Alternatively, you can purchase an Xbox gift card from a retail location and use it to make purchases. Note that not all purchases support Xbox gift cards or prepaid options. Before purchasing Xbox gift cards or a prepaid card, make sure that purchase option is available for the item you want to purchase.
If you are still experiencing the problem, contact Xbox Support by clicking the “Contact us” link at the bottom of this page.
To provide better support, did this solution solve your problem?
Thank you for your feedback
Thanks for your feedback!
Provide feedback for this topic
Would you like to contact Support regarding the "Error 8016CE52 occurs when try to make a purchase on Xbox Live" issue you were reading about or a different issue?