Set up and use the BBC iPlayer app on Xbox 360
On this page
To watch BBC iPlayer on your console, you need the following:
- To be signed in to an Xbox Live account
- At least 85 megabytes of available space
Download the BBC iPlayer app
- On your console, sign in with your Xbox Live-enabled gamertag.
- Go to apps, and then select Browse Apps or Search Apps.
- Browse or search for the BBC iPlayer app.
- Select BBC iPlayer, and then select Download.
- Select Confirm Purchase to download and install the app.
You can now watch BBC TV programmes through your Xbox 360 console or browse the content catalogue to learn about available on-demand content.
Watch BBC iPlayer
- On the Xbox 360 console, sign in by using your Xbox Live-enabled gamertag.
- Go to apps, My Apps, and then select BBC iPlayer.
BBC iPlayer parental control
BBC iPlayer on Xbox Live provides access to a broad range of BBC programmes, some of which may be unsuitable for younger viewers.
To help you control access to BBC content on your Xbox 360 console, the BBC iPlayer app enables you to set a personal identification number (PIN) or password to restrict access to certain programmes. This helps ensure that children and younger viewers in your household can view only content that is appropriate for them.
Note Your Xbox Family Settings PIN does not control access to content within the BBC iPlayer app — you must set up a unique BBC iPlayer parental control PIN or password.
For more information about PIN/password access, read the FAQ section, located in the Parental Guidance hub under the Help & Setting link.
To provide better support, did this solution solve your problem?
Thank you for your feedback
Thanks for your feedback!
Provide feedback for this topic
Would you like to contact Support regarding the "Set up and use the BBC iPlayer app on Xbox 360" issue you were reading about or a different issue?