Manually eject your Xbox 360 console disc tray
This page describes how to manually eject the disc tray from your Xbox 360 console when the eject button doesn’t work.
Xbox 360 E console: How to manually eject the disc tray
Follow these steps to manually eject the disc tray:
- Disconnect the power cord and any other cables connected to the console.
- Position the console horizontally, as you would position a DVD player.
- Find the yellow sticker behind the vents on the left side of the console.
- Insert the straight end of the paper clip into the eject hole, which is located in the centre of the yellow sticker (as shown in the picture below).
- The disc tray should pop out slightly. Pull the tray out the rest of the way with your fingers.
Note If a disc is in the tray, make sure that it is not sticky and does not have a label that might prevent the tray from opening again in the future.
To provide better support, did this solution solve your problem?
Thank you for your feedback
We're sorry this article didn't solve your problem. We won't give up and neither should you. Try this community option, below.