Error 8007-0070 occurs when installing an update or buying content on Xbox 360
You see the following error code and message when you try to update your Xbox 360 console or purchase content:
Can't download the update. To test your connection, open System Settings and select Network Settings, Test Xbox Live Connection.
Note The “x” characters in the error code vary.
This may mean that there's not enough space on your storage device to install the update or the content.
To resolve this problem, try the following solutions.
Solution 1: Free up space on your storage device
You need sufficient free space on your storage device to accommodate a console update or a content download. If you don't have enough free space, you need to move or delete some items. For information about how to do this, see Copy, move, or delete Xbox saved games, profiles and avatar items.
Solution 2: Delete previously installed updates
- On your console, go to settings, and then select System.
- Select Storage.
- Highlight the memory unit.
- On the controller, press the following series of buttons: LB, RB, X, LB, RB, X. This opens the Delete System Update window.
- Select Yes. This restarts the Xbox 360 console.
- When the console restarts, you are prompted to install the latest updates. Follow the instructions to install the updates.
If you keep experiencing the problem, contact Xbox Support.
To provide better support, did this solution solve your problem?
Thank you for your feedback
Thanks for your feedback!
Provide feedback for this topic
Would you like to contact Support regarding the "Error 8007-0070 occurs when installing an update or buying content on Xbox 360" issue you were reading about or a different issue?