Error 8b010007 occurs when downloading on Xbox 360
You see the following error code and message when you try to download on your Xbox 360 console:
Status code: 8b010007
Some Xbox Live features are temporarily unavailable. You can still play online and send messages.
This may mean one of the following things:
- Some Xbox features are not available because of system maintenance or a temporary Xbox Live issue.
- You can't access some Xbox features because of a network configuration issue.
Solution 1: Check the status of the Xbox Live service
Xbox Live might be unavailable due to system maintenance. Check the Xbox Live Status page. If there’s an Xbox Live service alert, wait and try again later.
If there are no Xbox Live service alerts and you continue to get the error, try the next solution.
Solution 2: Test your connection
Test the Xbox Live connection on your Xbox 360 console. Here’s how:
- Press the Guide button on your controller.
- Go to Settings and then System Settings.
- Select Network Settings.
- Select Wired Network or the name of your wireless network, if you’re prompted.
- Select Test Xbox Live Connection.
- Do one of the following:
- If the test fails and you can't connect to Xbox Live, see Troubleshoot Xbox 360 connection to Xbox Live.
- If the Xbox Live service is available, try the next solution.
- If there’s an Xbox Live service alert, try again later when the Xbox Live service is available.
If you still get the error, try the next solution.
Solution 3: Open network ports
If you have a firewall or your console is connected to a workplace or school network, you might need to open network ports for your Xbox 360 console to communicate with Xbox Live. For help, see Network ports used by Xbox Live.
To provide better support, did this solution solve your problem?
Thank you for your feedback
Thanks for your feedback!
Provide feedback for this topic
Would you like to contact Support regarding the "Error 8b010007 occurs when downloading on Xbox 360" issue you were reading about or a different issue?