Install games remotely on your Xbox One
If you’re away from your console, you can remotely install games so they’re ready to play when you get back. There are a couple of things that you’ll need to do before you get started:
- Rename your console: this will help you to identify it easily.
- Go to Settings > System > Console info.
- Select Name, then enter your new console name.
Note Your console name may contain only letters, numbers, and hyphens.
- Select Restart now.
- Set your console to Instant-on: your console will need to be in standby mode for game installations to be triggered remotely.
- Go to Settings > Power & startup >
Power mode & startup.
- Select Power mode to change the setting to Instant-on.
- Enable Remote Install: this is disabled on your console by default.
- Go to Settings > System > Updates.
- Select Allow remote installs.
Now when you purchase a game, or even if you already own that game, you can remotely install it on your console:
- From a web browser: On the store page for the game, click the ellipsis next to the Install button and select Install on my devices. Select your console from the list and then select
- From the Game Pass app: Select the game you want to install, then select
Install on Home Xbox.
Note you can only do this on your home Xbox.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
We're sorry this article didn't solve your problem. We won't give up and neither should you. Try this community option, below.