Install and watch the FUNimation app on Xbox 360
Learn how to install and watch the FUNimation app on your Xbox 360 console.
On this page
To use the FUNimation app, you need:
- To be signed in to an Xbox Live account.
- At least 121 megabytes (MB) of available space.
- A FUNimation account.
Download the FUNimation app
- On your console, sign in with your Xbox Live-enabled gamertag.
- Go to apps and select Browse Apps.
- Browse for FUNimation.
- Select FUNimation to download and install the app. After the download, the app automatically starts, and you can browse through and view details about the available content.
To start the FUNimation app later, go to apps, My Apps, and then FUNimation.
Sign in with your FUNimation credentials
- When you start the FUNimation app for the first time, you’ll need to sign in with your FUNimation.com user name and password. If you don’t have a FUNimation account, you can subscribe or sign up for a free trial at funimation.com/xbox.
- Once you’ve entered your user name and password, select Log In to use the app.
On your Xbox 360 console, go to Video, My Video Apps, and then FUNimation.
- From the Main hub, you can select any of the content in the center. You can also access Featured, your Queue, Recently Viewed, and more. Or you can navigate to Shows, Episodes, or Genres to browse for additional programming. Or, use Search to look for content by name
To watch themed content, use the Playlists hub.
- Select something to watch and then select Play.
Un-associate your console from your FUNimation account
To unassociate your console from your FUNimation account, just sign out of FUNimation:
- Go to the Settings hub in the app and select Log Out.
- You’ll be prompted to verify that you want to sign out. Select OK to continue.
Use Family Settings to control access to content
If you use Family Settings to control which movies and TV shows can be watched through Xbox Live on your console, the FUNimation app will follow those settings. For example, if you prohibit viewing of R-rated movies or TV-MA-rated TV shows, those programs will be marked with a “restricted” icon in the FUNimation app. To play a restricted item, an adult must enter the Family Settings pass code.
For more information about how to restrict access to Xbox Live content by using Family Settings, see Set parental controls for Xbox 360 and Xbox Live.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Thanks for your feedback!
Provide feedback for this topic
Would you like to contact Support regarding the "Install and watch the FUNimation app on Xbox 360" issue you were reading about or a different issue?