IndieFlix on Xbox 360 help
Learn how to troubleshoot problems with the IndieFlix app on Xbox 360.
Xbox Live connection problems
If the IndieFlix app isn't functioning smoothly on your console, you may have a connectivity problem. For help, see Troubleshoot Xbox 360 connection to Xbox Live.
Xbox 360 audio/video problems
If your Xbox 360 console is not providing good-quality video or audio, see Xbox 360 audio or video problems.
The IndieFlix app doesn't respond
If the IndieFlix app doesn’t respond, delete and reinstall it. Here’s how:
- From the Xbox Dashboard, go to settings, and then System.
- Select Storage.
- Select your primary storage device.
- Select Games and Apps.
- Find and select any items that refer to “IndieFlix.”
- Select Delete.
- Return to the Xbox Dashboard.
- Go to Browse Apps or Search Apps, and then select the IndieFlix app.
- Select Confirm Download to download and install the app.
If the app still doesn't respond, contact Xbox Support.
You may get one of the following error messages when you try to use the IndieFlix app.
- Can't connect to the IndieFlix Service. Error code: 0C01/8009/0304
- IndieFlix server unavailable
- Sorry, IndieFlix server isn't available right now. Please try again later. For more information, go to xbox.com/status.
If you get one of these error messages, go to Service status to check for current problems with Xbox Live or the IndieFlix app.
If there are no current issues, and you get one of these error messages when you try to start the IndieFlix app, wait about a minute, and then try again.
If, after restarting the app, you still get the error, try deleting and reinstalling the app.
If you continue to get the error, try to improve your connection speed.
If none of these solutions worked, contact Xbox Support.
- Item unavailable
- Sorry, the item you're interested in is no longer available.
If you get one of these errors, select a different program to watch.
- End of line
- Can't install the optional media update. Restart the app and try again. If the problem persists, use the Xbox Dashboard to search for and download the Optional Media Update.
To work around these errors, try the following solutions:
- Wait about a minute and try downloading the content again.
- Select a different item to watch.
If you keep getting the error, delete and reinstall the IndieFlix app.
If you still get the error after you've deleted and reinstalled the app, try installing the Optional Media Update to your Xbox 360 console. Here's how:
- At the Xbox Dashboard, go to Bing and search for "Optional Media Update."
- Select Optional Media Update.
- Select Optional Media Update again.
- Select Confirm Download.
- Once your download is complete, select Continue and return to the Xbox Dashboard.
Important If you're using a friend's console and you've already downloaded the Optional Media Update to your console, you won't be able to download the update to your friend's console. The Optional Media Update can be downloaded only once per Xbox Live gamertag. Your friend will have to use a different Xbox Live gamertag to download the update.
- Content Control Error
- Your console Ratings system is not supported by the application. The application only supports U.S., Canada, British, New Zealand, Ireland, and Australian Ratings system. You can turn off content controls in Settings, Family.
If you get one of these error messages, it means that the content you're trying to view is rated according to a content ratings system that the IndieFlix app doesn't recognize.
The IndieFlix app uses only the U.S. film ratings system.
If you're in the U.S. region, make sure that your locale settings are set to United States.
If you're outside the U.S. region, you'll need to adjust your parental control settings to enable the app to function.
For information about how to change your locale, see Change your Xbox 360 console language.
For information about how to turn off parental controls, see Set parental controls for Xbox 360 and Xbox Live.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Thanks for your feedback!
Provide feedback for this topic
Would you like to contact Support regarding the "IndieFlix on Xbox 360 help" issue you were reading about or a different issue?