Error 8007-045D occurs when downloading an Xbox 360 update
You see the following error code and message when you try to download an update to your Xbox 360 console:
Can't download the update. To test your connection, open System Settings and select Network Settings, Test Xbox Live Connection.
If the problem persists, go to www.xbox.com/support
This may mean that a storage device was not found during the software update.
To resolve this problem, try the following:
- Turn off your console.
- Remove all console storage devices, including any USB flash drives, any external hard drives, or the internal hard drive on the Xbox 360 console. (See Add or remove an Xbox 360 Hard Drive.)
- Add your primary storage device; for example, the hard drive.
- Turn on the console.
- Try downloading the update again.
If these steps didn't resolve the problem, submit a service order request:
- Sign in to the Xbox Online Service Center with your Microsoft account credentials.
- Click Problem with a device. If you're already at the Device Manager page, click Request Service.
- Follow the steps to complete and submit your service order request.
After Device Support receives your submission, the service center will send you a service order number and an order confirmation email.
If after you haven't received a confirmation email within 24 hours, check your email program's junk folder or spam filter. If you don't find the email in junk or spam, contact Xbox Support.
For more information, see Getting your Xbox console or Kinect sensor serviced.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Thanks for your feedback!
Provide feedback for this topic
Would you like to contact Support regarding the "Error 8007-045D occurs when downloading an Xbox 360 update" issue you were reading about or a different issue?