Error 80181102 occurs when you try to download Xbox 360 content
You see the following error code when you try to download Xbox 360 content:
This error may mean one of several things:
- Your purchase did not complete properly.
- You have to delete your Xbox Live profile, clear your cache, and redownload your profile.
- You’re experiencing Xbox Live or Internet connectivity issues.
To resolve this problem, try the following solutions.
Solution 1: Make sure you can see your purchase on your Xbox Live account
Sign in to your Xbox Live account. If you can't see your purchase, it may not have gone through. Try your purchase again. If you can see your purchase listed but still can't download it, try the next solution.
Solution 2: Delete your Xbox Live profile, clear the system cache, and then redownload your profile
- Delete your Xbox Live profile:
- Go to Settings and then System Settings.
- Select Storage.
- Select All Devices.
- Select Profiles.
- Select the gamertag for the profile that you want to delete.
- Select Delete.
- Select Delete Profile Only. This deletes the profile but leaves saved games and achievements.
- Clear the system cache to remove any corrupted data. For details, see How to clear the cache on Xbox 360.
- Download your Xbox Live profile.
- Press the Guide button on your controller.
- Select Download Profile.
Note Not seeing Download Profile? This means that you're signed in under another profile. Press X to sign out, confirm, and then select Download Profile.
- At the bottom of the Download Profile screen, select Download Profile.
- Enter the Microsoft account associated with your Xbox Live profile. (If you don't know your Microsoft account credentials, use the Lost Account Solution or the Lost Password Solution.
- Enter your Microsoft account password.)
Note If your account is an Xbox Live child account, the associated adult Microsoft account credentials must be provided to download the profile.
- Select the storage device for your profile.
Your profile will begin downloading. After your profile has downloaded, you can choose whether to require input of your Microsoft account password to sign in to your profile. The Remember Password option is turned off by default, which means you'll be prompted for your password when you sign in unless you change this setting.
If this solution doesn't resolve the problem, try the next solution.
Solution 3: Troubleshoot your Xbox Live connection
If the previous solution doesn't resolve your problem, troubleshoot your network and Xbox Live connection. For information about how to do this, see the following pages:
- Troubleshoot Xbox 360 connection to Xbox Live
- Xbox 360 Connection Error Solution
- Xbox 360 Wireless Network Connection Solution
If you keep experiencing the problem, contact Xbox Support.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Thanks for your feedback!
Provide feedback for this topic
Would you like to contact Support regarding the "Error 80181102 occurs when you try to download Xbox 360 content" issue you were reading about or a different issue?