Error 80150019 occurs when you try to download or change your Xbox Live account
You see the following error code and message when you try to download or change your Xbox Live account. You may also get this error when you try to purchase or download content:
This action cannot be performed at this time, please try again later. For more information, go to www.xbox.com/support: 80150019.
This may mean one of the following:
- There’s a temporary issue with the Xbox Live service.
- There’s a temporary issue with an Xbox Live partner service, such as Microsoft account.
- There’s a problem with the billing information for your account.
Solution 1: Clear the system cache. Here’s how.
- Press the Guide button on your controller.
- Go to Settings and select System Settings.
- Select Storage or Memory.
- Highlight any storage device, and then press Y on your controller. (It doesn't matter which storage device you select; the cache will be cleared for all storage devices.)
- Select Clear System Cache.
- When you are prompted to confirm storage device maintenance, select Yes.
Solution 2: Check the status of the Xbox Live service. During scheduled system maintenance or unforeseen Xbox Live issues, some Xbox Live features may not be available. To determine the Xbox Live service status, see Xbox Live Service status.
Solution 3: Verify the billing information for your Microsoft account. Here’s how:
- Sign in to your Microsoft account.
- Click Billing.
- Verify your billing information.
- Sign out of your Microsoft account, and then sign in again.
- Sign in to Xbox Live and try to download the content again.
Solution 4: Contact your bank or financial institution
The Xbox Live purchase might have failed because:
- The credit card has not been activated.
- The credit card was declined due to insufficient funds.
- The credit card is not authorized for online purchases or automatic billing.
- The credit card company is blocking the transaction.
Contact your credit card company or bank and make sure that the card that you’re using was activated, that it has available funds, and that the transaction is not being blocked for some reason.
Solution 5: Use a prepaid Microsoft Points or membership card if available
Alternatively, you can purchase a prepaid Microsoft Points card from a retail location and use it to make purchases. Note that not all purchases support Microsoft Points or prepaid options. Before purchasing Microsoft Points or a prepaid card, make sure that that purchase option is available for the item you want to purchase.
Solution 6: Try your purchase again later
Wait and try the transaction again in 24 to 48 hours.
If you still experience the problem, contact Xbox Support by clicking the “Contact us” link at the bottom of this page.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Thanks for your feedback!
Provide feedback for this topic
Would you like to contact Support regarding the "Error 80150019 occurs when you try to download or change your Xbox Live account" issue you were reading about or a different issue?