Error C00D1364 occurs when signing in to the Zune software
Note As of 15 November 2015, the Zune service has been discontinued. This may cause errors when attempting to stream or download content or update the service.
You see the following error code when signing in to the Zune software:
This may mean that you’ve either lost Internet connection or Wi-Fi service or the user name and password you’re entering for Zune is incorrect.
To resolve this problem, try one or more of the following solutions:
Solution 1: Check your Internet connectivity
Make sure that you're connected to the Internet. You might have lost your Wi-Fi connection, your service might be down, or your router might be offline and just need a restart. To check your Wi-Fi connection on the computer having the problem:
From the Start screen, type “view network connections”, and then tap or click View Network Connections in the results pane on the right side of your screen. This will tell you whether you’re connected to a network or not.
- If you're not connected, press and hold (or right-click) Wi-Fi and then tap or click Connect/Disconnect. Select a Wi-Fi network and enter your credentials if prompted.
- If you’re connected to the wrong network, select the right one and enter your credentials if prompted.
- Click Start, then click Control Panel.
- Click or tap Network and Internet, then click or tap View network status and tasks. This screen will tell you whether you're connected to a network or not.
- If you're not connected, click or tap Connect to a network from the status window, then select an available network.
- If you’re connected to the wrong network, select the right one and enter your passcode if prompted.
For more information about testing your Windows network connection, see Troubleshoot network connection problems.
Solution 2: Check the status of the Zune service
Check the status of the Zune service at Xbox Live Service Status. If the service is unavailable, try again later.
If you still can’t connect, there might be a problem with your Internet service. Wait a while and then try to sign in again, or contact your Internet service provider.
Solution 3: Check your credentials
Make sure that you entered the correct email address and password. Here are a few tips:
- Make sure the caps lock key on your keyboard is off.
- The email and password for your Zune account are the same as those you use to sign in to your Xbox account and Microsoft account.
- If you recently added or changed a Microsoft account and you used an older account to set up your Zune account, the new Microsoft account will not work to sign in to your Zune account. If you want your Zune account associated with a new Microsoft account, you must open a new Zune account, which will be separate from the one you already have.
If you forgot your password or the password doesn’t work, see Reset your password.
Restart your computer, and then sign in to Zune again.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Thanks for your feedback!
Provide feedback for this topic
Would you like to contact Support regarding the "Error C00D1364 occurs when signing in to the Zune software" issue you were reading about or a different issue?