Error PBR42710 occurs when purchasing a subscription on your Xbox One console
You see the following error and message when purchasing a subscription on your Xbox One console:
- Error PBR42710
- To change how you pay, go to xbox.com/accounts or Settings>Subscriptions on your Xbox One. If you used your Microsoft account to pay, you can’t switch to a different payment option.
This may mean that you’re trying to purchase a new subscription that is the same type as the current subscription on your account. Your account already has this subscription.
To resolve this problem, try the following solutions:
Solution 1: Follow these steps on a PC to add a new payment option. For help, see Add a payment option to your Xbox Live account.
Note Don't try these steps on a mobile device because the information you’re trying to access might not be displayed correctly.
- Go to My Account at Xbox.com.
- If you aren’t already signed in, enter your Microsoft account (email address and password), and then select Sign In.
- Select Payment & billing, and then select Manage payment options.
- Do one of the following:
Note Be sure to sign in with the Microsoft account that’s associated with the Xbox account you need to update. If you don't know your Microsoft account or password, see Find your Microsoft account.
- Select Add a new Credit Card. Enter your credit card information.
- Select PAY with PayPal. Follow the instructions to add an existing PayPal account or create a new one. PayPal is not available in all regions.
Solution 2: To update your payment option from your Xbox One console, see Add a payment option to your Xbox Live account.
If you keep experiencing the problem, contact Xbox Support.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Thanks for your feedback!
Provide feedback for this topic
Would you like to contact Support regarding the "Error PBR42710 occurs when purchasing a subscription on your Xbox One console" issue you were reading about or a different issue?