Enabling digital surround sound for TV on Xbox One
By default, the Xbox One console outputs sound for live TV in stereo, not surround sound.
To enable digital surround sound:
- Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
Note Pressing the Xbox button will open the guide from any other screen on the console.
- Select System > Settings > General.
- Select TV & display options.
- Select TV & OneGuide.
- Select Audio & video.
- Change the audio option from Stereo to Surround sound.
- Select Restart now. Your console will restart and enable surround sound from your console to your TV or A/V receiver.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Thanks for your feedback!
Provide feedback for this topic
Would you like to contact Support regarding the "Enabling digital surround sound for TV on Xbox One" issue you were reading about or a different issue?