The payment for your Xbox subscription was declined
If you get a notification stating that the attempted payment for your Xbox subscription was declined due to an outstanding balance, you’ll need to pay the balance owed before you can renew your subscription.
If your payment option associated with your Xbox subscription has expired or is not valid, you'll have to change it before you can pay your outstanding balance and renew your subscription. Here's how to change your payment option for your subscription online:
- Sign in to your Microsoft account.
- Select Services & subscriptions.
- Under Next charge, select Pay now for the subscription with the past due balance.
- On the “Change how you pay for these subscriptions" page, select Change to, and then select a current payment option from the list.
Note To add a new payment option, select Add a new way to pay, select Next, and then follow the steps to set up your credit card, debit card, PayPal account, or mobile phone carrier as a new payment option.
For more info about using your mobile phone carrier as a payment option, see Buy stuff from Microsoft Store with mobile billing.
- Once you've changed the payment option, select Next. This will transfer any balance you owe and immediately charge the new payment option.
To provide better support, did this solution solve your problem?
Thank you for your feedback
Thanks for your feedback!
Provide feedback for this topic
Would you like to contact Support regarding the "The payment for your Xbox subscription was declined" issue you were reading about or a different issue?