Troubleshoot Channel 9 app issues
This article describes how to resolve problems with the Channel 9 app on Xbox 360.
Xbox Live connection problems
If Channel 9 is not functioning smoothly on your console, you may have a connectivity problem. See the Xbox Live Slow Performance Solution.
Xbox 360 audio/video problems
If your Xbox 360 console is not providing good-quality video or audio, see Xbox 360 audio or video problems.
The Channel 9 doesn't respond
- From the Xbox Dashboard, go to settings and then System.
- Select Storage.
- Select your primary storage device (most likely Xbox 360 Hard Drive).
- Select Games and Apps.
- Find and select any items that refer to "Channel 9."
- Select Delete.
- Return to the Xbox Dashboard.
- Go to Browse Apps, and then select Channel 9.
- Select Confirm Download to download and install the app.
If the problem is not resolved, please contact Xbox Support.
You may get one of the following error messages when you try to use the Channel 9 app.
- Sorry, the Channel 9 server isn’t available right now. Please select the retry button below or try again later. For more information, go to www.xbox.com/status.
- The Application has encountered an unexpected error and will now exit.
- Sorry, the Channel 9 server isn’t available right now. Please select the retry button below or try again later. For more information, go to www.xbox.com/status
- Channel 9 Server unavailable.
- A server or network error has occurred. Please try again later.
- An unknown error has occurred.
- An internal error has occurred
- Go to the Xbox Live status page to check for any reported issues with the service.
- If there are no reported issues and you get one of these errors when you try to launch the Channel 9 app or access content in the app, wait about a minute and then restart the app.
- If you continue to get the error, delete and reinstall the Channel 9 app.
- If the problem is not resolved, please contact Xbox Support.
- The video cannot be played at this time.
- A missing data error has occurred.
- Sorry, the video you were interested in is no longer available.
- If you get one of these errors, wait about a minute and then try to access the program again.
- If you continue to get the error, select a different program to watch.
To notify Channel 9 of a content error, go to http://channel9.msdn.com/contactus.
To provide better support, did this solution solve your problem?
Thank you for your feedback
Thanks for your feedback!
Provide feedback for this topic
Would you like to contact Support regarding the "Troubleshoot Channel 9 app issues" issue you were reading about or a different issue?