Error 801613c9 occurs when redeeming a digital code on Xbox 360
You get the following error message when you try to redeem a digital code on your Xbox 360 console:
Status code: 801613c9
This may mean that the digital code that you’re trying to redeem has already been redeemed. A problem with your connection to Xbox Live may have prevented you from receiving confirmation when you initially redeemed the code.
Check your Xbox 360 console’s connectivity to Xbox Live and confirm that your digital code was successfully redeemed. Here's how:
Step 1: Check your connectivity to Xbox Live
- On your controller, press the Guide button, go to Settings, and then select System Settings.
- Select Network Settings.
- Select Wired Network (or your wireless network name, if you’re prompted to do so).
- Select Test Xbox Live Connection.
Step 2: Confirm that your digital code was successfully redeemed on your Xbox Live profile
- On your console, sign in to Xbox Live using the gamertag that you used when you originally purchased the content.
- Go to settings and select Account.
- Delete your Xbox Live profile.
- Go to settings and select System.
- Select Storage.
- Select All Devices.
- Select Gamer Profiles.
- Select the Xbox Live profile that you want to delete.
- Select Delete, and then select Delete Profile Only. This deletes the profile but leaves saved games and achievements.
- Download your Xbox Live profile.
- Press the Guide button on your controller.
- Select Download Profile.
- Enter the Microsoft account information that’s associated with your Xbox Live profile. If you don’t know your Microsoft account email address or password, see Manage your Microsoft account.
Note If your account is an Xbox Live child account, the parent’s Microsoft account is required to download the profile.
- Select the storage device for your profile (for example, Hard Drive).
Your profile will begin downloading. When the download is complete, you can choose whether or not to require your Microsoft account password to sign in to your profile.
Remember Password option
Select Download History. Browse your download history. If the digital code you redeemed isn’t associated to your Xbox Live profile, delete and re-download your profile. Here’s how:
The Remember Password option is turned off by default, which means you’ll be prompted for your Microsoft account password whenever you sign in to your Xbox Live profile on the console. Leave the Remember Password box unchecked (off) if you want to be prompted for your Microsoft account password whenever you sign in to your profile on this console.
Note If you’re downloading your profile to your own console, you may want to select the Remember Password option so that you aren’t prompted for your Microsoft account password every time that you sign in to your profile.
If you keep experiencing the problem, contact Xbox Support.
To provide better support, did this solution solve your problem?
Thank you for your feedback
Thanks for your feedback!
Provide feedback for this topic
Would you like to contact Support regarding the "Error 801613c9 occurs when redeeming a digital code on Xbox 360" issue you were reading about or a different issue?