Back up your game clips
Because game clips that haven’t had any views or engagement may be deleted at some point, you might want to back up your clips. You can do this from your console or your PC.
Upload captures from Xbox Live to OneDrive from your console
- Press the Xbox button to open the guide, then go to Broadcast & capture.
- Select Recent captures > See All.
- Select the list view button on the right to display your captures in a list.
- Select the check box next to the captures you want to upload.
- Select the Upload to OneDrive button to begin uploading.
Upload captures from Xbox Live to Google Drive from your PC
- Open the Xbox app on your PC.
- Sign in to the app using your Microsoft account.
- Select the Captures icon on the left menu panel.
- Select On Xbox Live to view captures you’ve uploaded to Xbox Live.
- Select the Download button to download the captures locally to your PC. These will be stored in the Videos folder on your C drive.
- Upload your local files to Google Drive or another storage location.
Record captures directly to an external drive from your console
Note Captures recorded to an external drive can’t be uploaded to Xbox Live from your console. To upload from an external drive to Xbox Live, follow the steps for uploading from a PC.
- Plug a USB 3.0 (or faster) drive into your console.
Note The USB drive must be formatted as NTFS. You can’t use the same drive that games are installed on, which is formatted differently.
- Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
- Go to System > Settings > System > Storage.
- Go to your external drive and select Set as capture location.
- Your game clips and screenshots will be recorded to your external drive. To revert, set your internal drive as your capture location.
To provide better support, did this solution solve your problem?
Thank you for your feedback
Thanks for your feedback!
Provide feedback for this topic
Would you like to contact Support regarding the "Back up your game clips" issue you were reading about or a different issue?