Set up and use the GameSpot app on Xbox 360
On this page
To watch GameSpot on your console, you need:
- To be signed in to an Xbox Live Account.
- At least 75 megabytes (MB) of available storage space.
Download the GameSpot app
- On your console, sign in with your Xbox Live gamertag.
- Go to apps, and then select Browse Apps or Search Apps.
- Browse or search for the GameSpot app.
- Select GameSpot, and then select Download.
- Select Confirm Purchase to download and install the app.
To start the GameSpot app later, go to apps, My Apps, and then GameSpot.
Go to apps, My Apps, and then GameSpot.
- From the app’s Home menu, you can:
- Watch any of the featured programmes displayed in the centre of the menu.
- Select What’s New or What’s Hot to quickly access relevant video content.
- Select Who’s Watching What to view a filtered list of video content. Select All to see all videos, select Me to see the videos you have previously watched, or select Friends to see the videos your friends have watched.
- Navigate to Search, Home, Shows, Reviews, Trailers or Previews for additional video content options.
Use Family Settings to control access to content
If you use Family Settings to control the content that is viewed on your Xbox 360 console, the GameSpot app will follow those settings. For example, if you use parental controls to restrict access to some kinds of videos, those programs will be marked with a “restricted” icon in the GameSpot app. To play a restricted item, an adult must enter the Family Settings pass code.
For more information about how to restrict access to Xbox Live content by using Family Settings, see Set parental controls for Xbox 360 and Xbox Live.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Thanks for your feedback!
Provide feedback for this topic
Would you like to contact Support regarding the "Set up and use the GameSpot app on Xbox 360" issue you were reading about or a different issue?