Set up and use the Popcornflix app on Xbox 360
Learn how to set up and troubleshoot the Popcornflix app on your Xbox 360 console.
To use the Popcornflix app, you need the following:
- To be signed in to an Xbox Live account
- At least 130 megabytes of available storage space
Download the Popcornflix app
- On your console, sign in with your Xbox LIVE-enabled gamertag.
- Go to apps and select Browse Apps.
- Browse for Popcornflix.
- Select Popcornflix to download and install the app.
To start Popcornflix later, go to apps, My Apps and then Popcornflix.
Go to apps, My Apps and then Popcornflix.
- From the featured hub, you can:
- Watch any of the featured programmes displayed in the centre of the hub.
- Select my queue to quickly access the movies you've added to your queue while browsing.
- Select history to resume watching or re-watch a film you’ve previously viewed, quickly.
- Navigate to genres, pop picks or browse to view top selections of films offered by Popcornflix.
- Search by title on the Search hub.
- Select something to watch, and then select Play.
Use Family Settings to control access to content
If you use Family Settings to control which films and TV shows can be watched through Xbox Live on your console, the Popcornflix app will follow these settings. For example, if you use parental controls to restrict some kinds of TV programmes, those programmes will be marked with a "restricted" icon in the Popcornflix app. To play a restricted item, an adult must enter the Family Settings pass code.
For more information about how to restrict access to films and TV programmes by using a passcode, see Set parental controls for Xbox 360 and Xbox Live.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Thanks for your feedback!
Provide feedback for this topic
Would you like to contact Support regarding the "Set up and use the Popcornflix app on Xbox 360" issue you were reading about or a different issue?