Error code C00D124D occurs when you’re using the Zune software
If you see error code C00D124D, it means that your computer doesn’t recognise a connected device, like your Windows Phone 7.
Typically, error code C00D124D means there’s a problem connecting a device to your computer. For example, your phone could be connected to your computer and the Zune software doesn’t recognise it.
Solution 1: Disconnect the your phone and then restart
Disconnect your phone from your computer, and then restart the phone and the computer.
To restart your Windows Phone 7
Press and hold the Power button until you see Slide down to power off, then flick down. After it's off, press the Power button to turn on your phone again.
If this restart sequence doesn't work for your phone, try one of the following options:
- Press and hold the Power button for 10 seconds. After it's off, press the Power button to turn on your phone again.
- If your phone has a replaceable battery, remove and reinsert the battery, located under your phone's back panel. Now, press the Power button to turn on your phone again.
Re-connect your phone to the computer using the USB cable that came with your phone and try syncing your media again.
To see if your items synced, go to the Phone screen, then click Summary or the device icon to confirm that the items were added.
Solution 2: Try the "Computer doesn't recognise your device on the Zune software” step-by-step solution
To try a step-by-step solution, go to Computer doesn't recognise your device on the Zune software.
Solution 3: Update the device driver for your Windows Phone 7
To start, connect your phone to your computer using the USB cord that came with the device, and then follow these steps on your computer:
- Click Start, right-click Computer and then click Properties.
If you’re using Windows 8: From the Start screen start typing “computer”. When it appears on your screen, right-click or swipe the Computer icon and then click or tap Properties.
- Click or tap Device Manager, located in the left column.
- A window will appear with the name of your computer and a list of files. If you don't see the files, click the arrow next to the name of your computer to see the list. The name of your Windows Phone should be listed under Portable Devices. If Windows Phone was incorrectly installed, it may be listed with a yellow exclamation mark. Or, it may be listed under Other Devices as a USB device or as an unknown device.
- Right-click or swipe the name of your phone, and then click Uninstall.
- Select Delete the driver software for this device, and then click or tap OK.
- Return to the Device Manager window, click or tap the Action menu and then click or tap Scan for hardware changes.
- Open Portable Devices, double-click or swipe the name of your Windows Phone and then click or tap the Driver tab. Or, if you don't see your phone name, click or tap Unknown device listed under Other Devices and then click or tap the Driver tab.
- Click or tap Update Driver, and then click or tap Browse my computer for driver software.
- Click or tap Browse, locate the Program Files/Zune/Drivers folder on your computer and then click or tap OK.
- Click or tap Next, and if you're prompted, click or tap Install. You might only be given a Close option.
- After the driver installation is complete, closethe open windows until you exit the Device Manager and then restart your computer if you’re prompted.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Thanks for your feedback!
Provide feedback for this topic
Would you like to contact Support regarding the "Error code C00D124D occurs when you’re using the Zune software" issue you were reading about or a different issue?