Error code 5829 occurs when you’re using Xbox 360
You may see the following error code and message when you’re using Xbox 360:
An update to support this game may be available. For more info, go to www.xbox.com/games
This may mean one of the following:
- The game is not supported on the Xbox 360.
- You have a storage device other than an official Xbox 360 Hard Drive.
- You do not have all the necessary Xbox 360 console software updates.
- Game saves from an original Xbox console cannot be transferred to an Xbox 360 console.
To resolve this problem, try the following solutions:
- Check game compatibility
Make sure that the original Xbox game is supported on the Xbox 360 by checking the list of supported games on Play original Xbox games on an Xbox 360 console.
- Update your Xbox 360 console software
If you can’t play a game that is on the list of supported games, try updating your console software.
- Use an official Xbox 360 Hard Drive
Make sure that you use an official Xbox 360 Hard Drive.
If you are still experiencing the problem, contact Xbox Support.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Thanks for your feedback!
Provide feedback for this topic
Would you like to contact Support regarding the "Error code 5829 occurs when you’re using Xbox 360" issue you were reading about or a different issue?