"Saved game corrupted" error when you try to play a saved game
You may get an error message that resembles the following when you try to play a saved game on your Xbox console:
saved game corrupted
On this page
To resolve this issue, try the following solutions:
Solution 1: Delete the corrupted game file
If the saved game file is corrupted, delete it. Here's how.
Note You cannot recover a corrupted saved game file. To protect other content, you must delete the corrupted file.
- Determine if the saved game is corrupted. To do this, follow these steps:
- Select settings, System, and then Storage.
- Select the storage location, and then press the A button.
- Select Games and Apps, and then press the A button.
- Select the game, and then press the A button.
- Select the saved game, and then press the A button.
- If the saved game file is corrupted, delete the corrupted file. To do this, select Delete.
Note A corrupted saved game file is marked with a yellow exclamation mark.
Solution 2: Request a repair
If the issue is not resolved, your console may need to be repaired. Start the repair process.
This problem rarely happens. When you try to play a saved game file that’s corrupted, you may get an error message depending on how the game saves corrupted files. Some games just filter out corrupted content, but other games display an error message.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Thanks for your feedback!
Provide feedback for this topic
Would you like to contact Support regarding the ""Saved game corrupted" error when you try to play a saved game" issue you were reading about or a different issue?