Broadcast with a webcam on Mixer
Broadcast yourself and your gameplay on Mixer at the same time with an off-the-shelf USB webcam.
You’ll need one that has a YUY2 or NV12 format to broadcast with it. Most Logitech and Microsoft LifeCam webcams have this format. If you’re not sure which format your webcam has, check with the manufacturer.
For the best experience, we recommend these webcams:
- Microsoft LifeCam Studio
- Microsoft LifeCam HD-3000
- Logitech C922 Pro Stream Webcam
- Logitech C930e Webcam
To broadcast with a webcam:
- Plug your USB webcam in to your Xbox.
- Press the Xbox button to open the guide, then go to Broadcast & capture > Set up your broadcast.
- Switch the camera toggle on.
- Allow your camera to be used for broadcasting if you haven’t already.
- Select Change camera settings to crop your camera feed picture and to choose your camera feed location on the screen.
- Start your broadcast.
Note To broadcast mic audio as well, you’ll need to use a headset.
You can also broadcast your webcam in full screen. Audio is muted in full screen, so it’s perfect for talking to your audience when switching between games or setting up before you start.
To go full screen, open the Xbox guide, make sure Camera is on, then turn on Fullscreen Camera.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Thanks for your feedback!
Provide feedback for this topic
Would you like to contact Support regarding the "Broadcast with a webcam on Mixer" issue you were reading about or a different issue?