Install and watch the Channel 9 app
On this page
To use the Channel 9 app, you need:
- To be signed in to an Xbox Live account.
- At least 125 megabytes (MB) of available space.
Download the Channel 9 app
- On your console, sign in with your Xbox Live-enabled gamertag.
- Go to apps, and then select Browse Apps.
- Browse for Channel 9.
- Select Channel 9 to download and install the app. After the download, you can browse through and view details about the available content.
To start the Channel 9 app later, go to apps, My Apps and then Channel 9.
Watch Channel 9
- Go to apps, select My Apps and then select Channel 9.
- From the Featured hub, you can take a look at Most Viewed programming or the latest Fresh content added to the app.
- Navigate to Shows, Series or Events to browse for additional content, or seek programmes by title from the Search hub.
- Select something to watch, and then select Play.
Use Family Settings to control access to content
If you use Family Settings to control which films and TV shows can be watched through Xbox Live on your console, the Channel 9 app will follow those settings. For example, if you use parental controls to restrict access to some kinds of TV programmes, those programmes will be marked with a “restricted” icon in the Channel 9 app. To play a restricted item, an adult must enter the Family Settings pass code.
For more information about how to restrict access to Xbox Live content by using Family Settings, see Set parental controls for Xbox 360 and Xbox Live.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Thanks for your feedback!
Provide feedback for this topic
Would you like to contact Support regarding the "Install and watch the Channel 9 app" issue you were reading about or a different issue?