Set up the c|net app on Xbox 360
The c|net app delivers tech shows, reviews and live streaming for special events. This page describes how to set up the app and watch c|net content on Xbox Live and your Xbox 360 console.
To watch c|net on your console, you need:
- To be signed in to an Xbox Live Account.
- At least 70 megabytes (MB) of available storage space.
Download the c|net app
- On your console, sign in with your Xbox Live gamertag.
- Go to Apps and select Browse Apps.
- Browse for c|net.
- Select c|net to download and install the app.
- After the download, the app starts automatically and you can browse through the catalogue and view details about the available content.
To start c|net later, go to TV & Video, My Video Apps and then c|net.
Go to TV & Video, My Video Apps and then c|net.
From the Today on CNET hub, you can:
- Watch any of the featured programmes that are displayed in the centre of the hub
- Watch live streaming content on the Live hub.
- Locate shows that interest you by going to Products, selecting Shows and then searching on How to, Most Popular or Newest to locate content that interests you.
- Search for specific shows on the Search hub.
- Watch a show by selecting it and then selecting Play.
Use Family Settings to control access to content
If you use Family Settings to control which films and TV shows can be watched through Xbox Live, the c|net app will follow these settings. For example, if you prohibit adult-rated TV shows from being watched on your console, those programmes will be marked with a "restricted video" icon in the c|net app. To play a locked item, an adult must enter the Family Settings pass code.
For more information about how to restrict movies and TV programmes using a pass code, see Xbox 360 console parental controls.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Thanks for your feedback!
Provide feedback for this topic
Would you like to contact Support regarding the "Set up the c|net app on Xbox 360" issue you were reading about or a different issue?