GAIAM TV app on Xbox 360
GAIAM TV is a streaming media service that provides unlimited opportunities for transformation. From energising yoga classes to inspiring documentaries and cutting-edge programs, GAIAM TV takes you beyond the boundaries of mainstream media to reveal new perspectives for our changing world.
On this page
To use the GAIAM TV app, you need the following:
- To be signed in to an Xbox Live account.
- At least 134 megabytes of available space.
- Have a subscription to GAIAM TV.
Download the GAIAM TV app
To download the app, follow these steps:
- On your console, sign in with your Xbox Live gamertag.
- Go to apps, and then select Browse Apps or Search Apps.
- Browse or search for the GAIAM TV app.
- Visit the http://gaiamtv.com/xbox website to subscribe to GAIAM TV.
- Select GAIAM TV, and then select Download.
- Select Confirm Purchase to download and install the app.
To start the GAIAM TV app later, go to apps, My Apps, and then GAIAM TV.
Set up the GAIAM TV app on Xbox 360
The first time you start the GAIAM TV app on Xbox 360, you must sign in to your GAIAM TV account.
- Make sure you’ve subscribed to a GAIAM TV account.
- Go to apps, My Apps, and then select GAIAM TV.
- Sign in with your GAIAM TV account.
Manage your GAIAM account
You can manage your GAIAM TV account from a browser on an Internet-enabled device by visiting GAIAM TV User Account and signing in with your GAIAM account information.
For support concerning your GAIAM TV account, see GAIAM TV Support.
Use Family Settings to control access to content
If you use Family Settings to control which films and TV shows can be watched through Xbox Live on your console, the GAIAM TV app will follow those settings. For example, if you use parental controls to restrict access to some kinds of TV programs, those programs will be marked with a “restricted” icon in the GAIAM TV app. To play a restricted item, an adult must enter the Family Settings pass code.
For more information about how to restrict access to Xbox Live content by using Family Settings, see Set parental controls for Xbox 360 and Xbox Live.
Xbox Live connection problems
If the GAIAM TV app isn't functioning smoothly on your console, you may have a connectivity problem. See Troubleshoot Xbox 360 connection to Xbox Live.
Xbox 360 audio or video problems
If your Xbox 360 console isn't providing good-quality video or audio for your app, see Audio or video problems in an app on Xbox 360.
The GAIAM TV app doesn't respond
If the GAIAM TV app doesn't respond, delete and reinstall it. Here's how:
- From the Xbox Dashboard, go to settings and then System.
- Select Storage.
- Select your primary storage device.
- Select Games and Apps.
- Find and highlight the GAIAM TV app. Press the Y button to access Game Options.
- Select Delete, and then confirm that you want to delete all items related to the app.
- Go back to the Dashboard.
- Go to apps and then to Browse Apps or Search Apps.
- Browse or search for the GAIAM TV app and then select it.
- Select Download and then Confirm Purchase to download and install the app.
You may get one of the following error messages when you try to use the GAIAM TV app.
- Sorry, the GAIAM TV server isn’t available right now. Please select the retry button below or try again later. For more information, go to www.xbox.com/status.
- The Application has encountered an unexpected error and will now exit.
- GAIAM TV Server unavailable.
- A server or network error has occurred. Please try again later.
- An unknown error has occurred.
- An internal error has occurred.
To resolve the error, follow these steps:
- Go to www.xbox.com/status to ensure there isn’t an issue with the service provider.
- If there’s no issue and you receive this error message when you try to launch the GAIAM TV app or content within the app, wait for approximately one minute. Then, try to launch the app again.
- If you continue to receive this error, delete the GAIAM TV app and reinstall.
- If this doesn’t resolve your problem, contact Xbox Support.
GAIAM TV is responsible for all content in the app. To report a content error, visit www.gaiamtv.com/contact.
- The video cannot be played at this time.
- A missing data error has occurred.
- Sorry, the video you were interested in is no longer available.
To resolve the error, wait for approximately one minute. Then, try to launch the content again.
If you continue to receive this error, return to the prior menu and select a different piece of content to watch. To notify GAIAM TV of the content error, visit www.gaiamtv.com/contact.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Thanks for your feedback!
Provide feedback for this topic
Would you like to contact Support regarding the "GAIAM TV app on Xbox 360" issue you were reading about or a different issue?