Set up the Kinect Sesame Street TV app on Xbox 360
To watch Kinect Sesame Street TV on your Xbox 360 console, you need the following:
- To be signed in to an Xbox Live account
- At least 766 megabytes of available storage space
- A Kinect Sesame Street TV Season Pass
Download the Kinect Sesame Street TV app
- On your console, sign in with your Xbox LIVE-enabled gamertag.
- Go to apps, and then select Browse Apps or Search Apps.
- Browse or search for Kinect Sesame Street TV.
- Select the Kinect Sesame Street app, select Download and then select Confirm Purchase to download and install the app.
To start Kinect Sesame Street TV later, go to apps, then My Apps and then browse or search for the Kinect Sesame Street TV app.
Use the Kinect Sesame Street TV app
When you start the Kinect Sesame Street TV app for the first time, you are prompted to select a storage device to track progress and record achievements.
Next, on the Sesame Home hub, you are prompted to Activate your Season Pass either by redeeming your DVD code or by purchasing a season pass. From the Sesame Home hub, you can:
- Watch the featured interactive programmes.
- Access all of the current season’s interactive episodes.
- Select something that you want to watch to begin the interaction.
From the Library hub, you can:
- Access all of the current season's episodes.
- Watch short clips from decades of Sesame Street TV.
- Watch all of Bert and Ernie’s Great Adventures.
- Watch Abby’s Flying Fairy School.
From the Your Journal hub, you can:
- View your game photos and videos.
- View your sticker book.
In the Parent Tips area, you can find educational episodes for your child, such as “Goodbye Pacifier” and “Siblings”.
From the Settings hub, you can:
- Review your purchase information.
- Enable and disable auto save and photos and videos taken in games of your child.
- Delete photos and videos.
- Change a storage device.
- Access the Kinect Tuner.
- Review the credits of the team who brought you Kinect Sesame Street TV.
- Redeem your DVD code.
Kinect Sesame Street TV game disc basics
When you purchase the two-game disc pack from a local retailer, you get access to a full season of interactive TV episodes. Each disc contains four standalone episodes that you can watch offline, even if you’re not connected to Xbox Live.
For a richer experience, go to the Get More Sesame section, where you can download and install the Kinect Sesame Street TV app. To use the Kinect Sesame Street TV app, you need to be connected to Xbox Live and have an Xbox Live account. However, as part of your game disc purchase, you receive a DVD code unlocks the full experience with in the app. For more information, see Redeem a Code.
The game disc option gives you and your child the ability to interact and play without ever going online.
Purchase a Season Pass
To watch Kinect Sesame Street TV on your console, you need a Season Pass.
The first time you start the app, you are prompted to activate a Season Pass by selecting Try it Now. If you select Maybe Later when you start the app, you are prompted to activate or purchase a season pass each time you interact with content that requires a Season Pass.
What do I get with the Season Pass?
The Season Pass comes with the game disc set. It can also be purchased separately. With the Season Pass, you receive:
- The eight interactive episodes that come on the two game discs.
- A year’s access to additional video content.
You can purchase individual interactive episodes separately, but you will not be able to access the additional video content.
Note Purchasing each of the episodes separately does not unlock the additional video content that is included with the Season Pass, and there are no discounts on the Season Pass based on prior episode purchases.
How to activate the Season Pass if you purchase the game discs from a retailer
With the game discs, you receive a game token card that has a 25-digit number on it. Here’s how to redeem the code:
- On the Why Get a Season Pass screen, select I Have a DVD Code.
- On the Redeem Code screen that appears, enter the 25-digit code to activate your Season Pass.
You can also redeem your code from the Xbox Dashboard. For more information about how to do this, see Redeem a Code.
How to purchase a Season Pass from within the Kinect Sesame Street TV app
If you have downloaded the Kinect Sesame Street app from the Apps Store without purchasing the game discs, you can still take advantage of all of the game content by purchasing a Season Pass. Here’s how:
- On the Why Get a Season Pass screen, select Buy a Season Pass.
- On the Purchase screen that appears, make sure that you have enough funds in your Microsoft account. Then, select Confirm Purchase.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Thanks for your feedback!
Provide feedback for this topic
Would you like to contact Support regarding the "Set up the Kinect Sesame Street TV app on Xbox 360" issue you were reading about or a different issue?