RTÉ Player app on Xbox 360 help
Learn how to resolve problems with the RTÉ Player app on your Xbox 360 console.
Xbox Live connection problems
If videos aren't playing smoothly in the RTÉ Player app, you may have a connectivity problem. See the Xbox Live slow performance solution.
Xbox 360 audio/video problems
If your Xbox 360 console isn't providing good-quality video or audio, see Xbox 360 audio or video problems.
The RTÉ Player doesn't respond
If the RTÉ Player doesn’t respond, delete and reinstall it. Here's how:
- From the Xbox Dashboard, go to settings and then System.
- Select Storage.
- Select your primary storage device.
- Select Games and Apps.
- Find and select any items that refer to "RTÉ Player".
- Select Delete.
- Return to the Xbox Dashboard.
- Go to apps, then Browse Apps and then select RTÉ Player.
- Select Download and then Confirm purchase to download and install the app.
If this didn't solve the problem, contact Xbox Support.
You may get one of the following error messages when you try to use the RTÉ Player app:
- Sorry, the RTÉ Player Server isn’t available right now. Please select the retry button below or try again later. For more information, go to www.xbox.com/status.
- This application is currently experiencing some issues. Please restart the application.
Go to Service status to check for reported problems with the service.
If there are no issues and you get this error message when you try to start the RTÉ Player or access content in the app, wait about a minute and then restart the app.
If you continue to get the error, delete and reinstall the RTÉ Player app.
If the problem isn't resolved, contact Xbox Support.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Thanks for your feedback!
Provide feedback for this topic
Would you like to contact Support regarding the "RTÉ Player app on Xbox 360 help" issue you were reading about or a different issue?