Viewster app on Xbox 360
On this page
To use the Viewster app, you need the following:
- To be signed in to an Xbox Live account.
- At least 128 megabytes of available space.
- A free Viewster account.
Download the Viewster app
To download the app, follow these steps:
- On your console, sign in with your Xbox Live gamertag.
- Go to apps, and then select Browse Apps or Search Apps.
- Browse or search for the Viewster app.
- Select the Viewster app, and then select Download.
- Select Confirm Purchase to download and install the app.
If you want to watch Viewster, select Play Now. To start the Viewster app later, go to apps, My Apps and then Viewster.
Associate your Xbox 360 console with your Viewster account
When you sign in to the app for the first time, you'll be prompted to associate your Viewster account with your Xbox 360 console. You’ll do this by signing in with your Viewster name and password.
If you don't already have a free Viewster account, you'll need to create one. You can create an account in two ways:
- On your console the first time you use the app, or
- On the Viewster website.
To watch TV programmes or films through Viewster, select one of the categories at the top of the screen, including Just Watched, TV Series, Movies and Trailers.
You can also select one of the items showing in the centre of the screen.
Dissociate your Xbox 360 console from your Viewster account
For information about how to sign out of the Viewster app, go to the Viewster support page.
Manage your Viewster account
For help managing your Viewster account, visit the Viewster support page.
Use Family Settings to control access to content
If you use Family Settings to control which films and TV programmes can be watched through Xbox Live on your console, the Viewster app will follow those settings. For example, if you use parental controls to restrict access to some kinds of TV programmes, those programmes will be marked with a “restricted” icon in the Viewster app. To play a restricted item, an adult must enter the Family Settings pass code.
For more information about how to restrict access to Xbox Live content by using Family Settings, see Set parental controls for Xbox 360.
Xbox Live connection problems
If the Viewster app isn't functioning smoothly on your console, you may have a connectivity problem. See Troubleshoot Xbox 360 connection to Xbox Live.
Xbox 360 audio or video problems
If your Xbox 360 console isn't providing good-quality video or audio for your app, see Audio or video problems in an app on Xbox 360.
The Viewster app doesn't respond
If the Viewster app doesn't respond, delete and reinstall it. Here's how:
- From the Xbox Dashboard, go to settings and then System.
- Select Storage.
- Select your primary storage device.
- Select Games and Apps.
- Find and highlight the Viewster app. Press the Y button to access Game Options.
- Select Delete, and then confirm that you want to delete all items related to the app.
- Go back to the Dashboard.
- Go to apps and then to Browse Apps or Search Apps.
- Browse or search for the Viewster app and then select it.
- Select Download and then Confirm Purchase to download and install the app.
If the app still doesn't respond, contact Xbox Support.
You may get one of the following error messages when you try to use the Viewster app.
Application and availability errors
- Sorry, the VIEWSTER server isn’t available right now. Please select the retry button below or try again later. For more information, go to www.xbox.com/status.
- The Application has encountered an unexpected error and will now exit.
- VIEWSTER Server unavailable.
- A server or network error has occurred. Please try again later.
- An unknown error has occurred.
- An internal error has occurred.
If you get any of these errors, try the following solutions:
- Check for service alerts on the Xbox Live Status page, or see if an Xbox Live service alert appears at the top of this page.
- If there are any service alerts, wait until the alerts are gone and then try again.
- If there are no alerts, wait about a minute and then try to launch the app again.
- If you continue to receive this error, try deleting and reinstalling the Viewster app.
If none of these solutions resolve the problem, contact Xbox Support.
Note Viewster is responsible for all issues relating to content within the Viewster app. You can contact Viewster support at viewster.freshdesk.com/support/home.
- The video cannot be played at this time.
- A missing data error has occurred.
- Sorry, the video you were interested in is no longer available.
If you get one of these errors, wait for about a minute. Then, try to launch the content again.
If you continue to receive the error, return to the prior menu and select a different piece of content to watch.
To notify Viewster of the content error, contact Viewster support at viewster.freshdesk.com/support/home.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Thanks for your feedback!
Provide feedback for this topic
Would you like to contact Support regarding the "Viewster app on Xbox 360" issue you were reading about or a different issue?