Error 805df700 occurs when you try to sign in to Xbox Live on Xbox 360
You get the following error code when you try to sign in to Xbox Live on Xbox 360:
To resolve this problem, try the following solutions.
Solution 1: Delete your Xbox Live profile, clear the system cache and then redownload your profile
- Delete your Xbox Live profile:
- From the Xbox Dashboard, go to settings and then System.
- Select Storage.
- Select All Devices.
- Select Gamer Profiles.
- Select the gamertag for the profile that you want to delete.
- Select Delete.
- Select Delete Profile Only. This deletes the profile but leaves saved games and achievements.
- Clear the system cache to remove any corrupted data. For details, see How to clear the cache on Xbox 360.
- Redownload your Xbox Live profile:
- Press the Guide button (the large central X button) on your controller.
- Select Download Profile.
Note Not seeing Download Profile? This means that you’re signed in under another profile. Press X to sign out, confirm and then select Download Profile.
- At the bottom of the Download Profile screen, select Download Profile.
- Enter the email address of the Microsoft account that’s associated with your Xbox Live profile. If you don’t know it, see Find your Microsoft account email address or password.
- Enter your Microsoft account password. If you forgot it, reset your password.
Note If your account is an Xbox Live child account, the parent’s Microsoft account information must be entered to download the profile.
- If you use external storage on your console, select the storage device to which you want to save the profile. If you don’t use external storage, your profile will immediately begin downloading.
You should now be able to sign in using your Xbox Live profile on the console.
Important If you downloaded your profile to another console and you chose Remember Password, you have the option to remotely remove the password so that your profile can’t be accessed by someone else on the other console. To learn how, see Manage your sign-in preferences on your Xbox 360 console.
Solution 2: Troubleshoot your network connection
For help with connection issues, see the Xbox 360 Connection Error Solution.
Solution 3: Contact your ISP
For more help, contact your Internet service provider (ISP).
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Thanks for your feedback!
Provide feedback for this topic
Would you like to contact Support regarding the "Error 805df700 occurs when you try to sign in to Xbox Live on Xbox 360" issue you were reading about or a different issue?