Error 80004004 occurs when accessing a game file in cloud storage from Xbox 360
You see the following error code and message when you try to access a game file that’s saved in cloud storage on Xbox Live:
Can't retrieve information from Xbox Live. Please try again later.
Status code: 80004004
This means that you can’t access the Xbox Live servers and that some Xbox features aren’t available. This issue can occur because of system maintenance or a temporary Xbox Live issue.
Note When this issue occurs, you may experience additional problems, such as being unable to play content that you purchased.
Solution 1: Check the Xbox Live service status
If you see any alerts here, wait until the service is up and running and try again:
Solution 2: Copy the saved game file to a storage device
When you check the status of Xbox Live, you may see a message similar to the following:
XBOX Live Service
Users may experience difficulties with the following services:
- Accessing saved games and data in cloud storage
The following Xbox Live Platforms are affected:
- Xbox 360 console
To work around this issue, copy the saved game file to a storage device on your Xbox 360 console. For example, you can copy the saved game file to an Xbox 360 Hard Drive or to a USB memory stick.
For information about how to copy saved game files from cloud storage to a storage device on your Xbox 360 console, see Copy, move or delete Xbox saved games, profiles and avatar items.
Solution 3: Restart your hardware and test your Xbox Live connection
- Turn off your Xbox 360 console and your network hardware (such as your modem and router).
- Wait 30 seconds.
- Turn on your modem and wait for it to come online (approximately one minute).
- Turn on the next piece of hardware (for example, your router) and wait another minute.
- Restart your Xbox console.
Once you’ve restarted your hardware, test your Xbox Live connection:
- Press the Guide button on your controller, select Settings, select System Settings and then select Network Settings.
- Select the name of your Wireless Network, or select Wired Network for a wired connection.
- Select Test Xbox Live Connection.
If this solution worked, your console will connect to Xbox Live.
Note If you’re prompted to update your console software, select Yes.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Thanks for your feedback!
Provide feedback for this topic
Would you like to contact Support regarding the "Error 80004004 occurs when accessing a game file in cloud storage from Xbox 360" issue you were reading about or a different issue?