Error 8382012D occurs when adding a credit card to your Xbox Live account on your Xbox 360
You see the following error message when adding a credit card to your Xbox Live account on your Xbox 360:
Sorry, there’s a problem with the Xbox service. Try again later.
Status code: 8382012D
This means that there may be a problem with your credit card or your billing information.
Solution 1: Check your billing address
Make sure the billing address for your Xbox Live account matches the billing address that you have on file with your credit card company. To verify or change the billing address for your Xbox Live account, follow these steps:
Note You may be asked to provide a security code to help protect your account.
- Go to Billing Account Information and sign in with the Microsoft account (email and password) that’s associated with your Xbox Live account.
Note If you don’t know your Microsoft account email address or password, see Find your Microsoft account.
- Select Billing information.
- Verify that the billing address information matches the information that’s on file with your credit card company. If you need to change the information, click Edit profile.
Solution 2: Contact your bank or financial institution
Adding the credit card may fail for one of the following reasons:
- The credit card has not been activated.
- The credit card was declined due to insufficient funds.
- The credit card is not authorised for online purchases or automatic billing.
- The credit card company is blocking the transaction.
Contact your credit card company or bank and make sure that the card you’re using was activated and has available funds, and that the transaction is not being blocked for some reason.
Solution 3: Try to add your credit card again later
Your credit card might be blocked for one of the following reasons:
- Too many recent purchase attempts were declined.
- A violation for non-payment is preventing it from being used for new purchases.
- The Xbox Live account or the payment option is being used from a suspicious location.
Wait and try the transaction again in 24 to 48 hours. If a number of purchase failures occur, this can prevent transactions from being processed for about 24 to 48 hours.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Thanks for your feedback!
Provide feedback for this topic
Would you like to contact Support regarding the "Error 8382012D occurs when adding a credit card to your Xbox Live account on your Xbox 360" issue you were reading about or a different issue?