Status code C000-0022 occurs when you try to download an update
If you get the following status code and message when you’re trying to download an update, your console has been tampered with or modified and the console has been banned.
Can't process the update. If the problem persists, go to www.xbox.com/support.
Status Code: xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-C000-0022Note The “x” characters in the status code vary.
Your console can no longer connect to Xbox Live, install software updates or play new games that require a console software update. Learn about Xbox Live console bans.
To be able to play games offline on your console when it is banned, follow these steps:
- Physically disconnect your network cable or remove your Xbox 360 Wireless Network Adaptor from the console.
- You will have to turn off automatic sign-in so that you can play games offline. To turn off auto sign-in:
- Restart your console.
- Select No if you are prompted to update your console software.
- Press the Guide button on your controller.
- Go to settings and select Profile.
- Select Sign-in Preferences.
- Set Profile Auto Sign-in to "Off".
- Press B on your controller to return to the Xbox Dashboard.
Your console can now play your existing games offline. Any future attempts to sign in to Xbox Live or update your console software will result in an error.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Thanks for your feedback!
Provide feedback for this topic
Would you like to contact Support regarding the "Status code C000-0022 occurs when you try to download an update" issue you were reading about or a different issue?