Error 0x91d7000a occurs when you try to load a Blu-ray Disc on Xbox One
You see the following error code and message when you try to load a Blu-ray Disc on your Xbox One console:
Disc Stopped. Make sure your TV's HDMI input supports HDCP rights management. If not, try plugging your console into a different TV input.
To resolve this problem, eject the disc and restart the Xbox One console:
- Eject the Blu-ray Disc from the console.
- From Xbox Home, with Blu-ray in the big application tile, move the focus to the Blu-ray tile, and then press the Menu button on your controller.
- Select Quit. If "Quit" is not available, the app is already closed.
- Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
Note Double-tapping the Xbox button will open the guide from any other screen on the console.
- Select Settings.
- Select Restart console.
- Select Yes to confirm.
Note If you're unable to access the guide or the console appears to be frozen, press and hold the Xbox button on the console for about 10 seconds until the console turns off. After the console shuts down, touch the Xbox button on the console again to restart.
- After the console restarts, reinsert the Blu-ray Disc.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Thanks for your feedback!
Provide feedback for this topic
Would you like to contact Support regarding the "Error 0x91d7000a occurs when you try to load a Blu-ray Disc on Xbox One" issue you were reading about or a different issue?