Install SmartGlass on an Android device
You can download SmartGlass either directly to your Android device or first to your computer and then to your Android device. This page tells you how.
Keep in mind that you’ll need an Xbox Live membership before using SmartGlass.
SmartGlass requirements for Android
To use SmartGlass for Android, your device must have Android 4.0 (“Ice Cream Sandwich”) or later installed.
To confirm that your device is compatible with SmartGlass, check with the device provider.
Download SmartGlass from Google Play directly to your Android device
- Open Google Play on your Android device.
- Tap the Search icon and search for SmartGlass.
- Follow the instructions to download and install the app on your Android.
Install SmartGlass using your computer
You can install SmartGlass on your computer and then download it to your Android. Here’s how:
- Go to Google Play using the web browser on your computer.
- Browse or search for “SmartGlass.”.
- Click Install, and then follow the instructions to download and install the app on your Android device.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Thanks for your feedback!
Provide feedback for this topic
Would you like to contact Support regarding the "Install SmartGlass on an Android device" issue you were reading about or a different issue?