Error code 8007274C occurs when starting the Xbox 360 console
Important This article has instructions that help you work around a specific problem. However, these instructions include steps that lower security settings or turn off security features on your network. Before you make these kinds of changes, you should evaluate the risks associated with lowering your console's security.
Note If you get error 8007274C when you try to update the Xbox 360 console software, see Error 8007274C occurs when downloading an update to your Xbox 360 console.
You see the following error code and message when you try to start your Xbox 360 console:
Some Xbox Live content is temporarily unavailable. You can still access your profile, communicate with other players, and play games online. The content will automatically appear when it's available.
Status code: 8007274C
This may mean that there is some form of wireless interference. If you're using a wired connection, it means that you have an extremely restrictive firewall setting.
- Try disconnecting any third-party wireless headsets.
- Move the Xbox 360 console closer to the wireless router.
- See Troubleshoot Xbox 360 connection to Xbox Live.
Warning The following steps lower your security settings and make your network less secure from attack by malicious users or by malicious software. We do not recommend that you perform this procedure. However, we provide it for you to use at your own discretion. Follow these steps at your own risk.
- Temporarily turn off the firewall on your modem or router.
- Try to connect to Xbox Live.
- If you can connect, turn the firewall back on.
- If you can't connect, see Troubleshoot Xbox 360 connection to Xbox Live.
- Make sure the correct network ports are open on the modem or router. For a list of those network ports, see Network ports used by Xbox Live.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Thanks for your feedback!
Provide feedback for this topic
Would you like to contact Support regarding the "Error code 8007274C occurs when starting the Xbox 360 console" issue you were reading about or a different issue?