A downloaded Xbox Live app won't launch on Xbox 360
An app that you downloaded from Xbox Live won't start. You see a message that tells you that you need to download the app.
This means that there may be a problem with the local version of the app.
To troubleshoot problems downloading Xbox Live apps, see Xbox Live content won't download on your Xbox 360 console.
If you can't play or use content that you previously downloaded to your Xbox 360 console and played previously, see Can't play previously downloaded Xbox Live content.
To resolve this issue, delete and then redownload the app. Here's how:
- From the Xbox Dashboard, go to settings and then System.
- Select Storage.
- Select your primary storage device.
- Select Games and Apps.
- Find and highlight the app. Press the Y button to access Game Options.
- Select Delete, and then confirm that you want to delete all items related to the app.
- Go back to the Dashboard.
- Go to apps and then to Browse Apps or Search Apps.
- Browse or search for the app and then select it.
- Select Download and then Confirm Purchase to download and install the app.
If you keep experiencing the problem, contact Xbox Support.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Thanks for your feedback!
Provide feedback for this topic
Would you like to contact Support regarding the "A downloaded Xbox Live app won't launch on Xbox 360" issue you were reading about or a different issue?