Error 8004ad43 occurs when you’re making a purchase on Xbox 360
You see the following error code when you’re making a purchase on your Xbox 360 console:
This may mean one of two things:
- Your payment option can’t be authorized through your bank.
- Microsoft detected suspicious activity and is preventing charges.
Solution 1: Check your billing address
Make sure the billing address for your Microsoft account matches the billing address you use with your credit card company. Also, make sure that your card's expiration date hasn't passed. Here's how:
- Sign in to the Payment & billing page with your Microsoft account.
- Select Billing info, and then follow the steps to review your billing information.
Note If there's an error, select Edit profile, and then follow the instructions to update the information.
Solution 2: Contact your bank or financial institution
The Microsoft purchase might have failed for the following reasons:
- The credit card has not been activated.
- The credit card was declined due to insufficient funds.
- The credit card cannot accept online purchases or automatic billing.
- The credit card company is intentionally preventing the card from being used.
Contact your credit card company or bank and make sure that the payment option you’re using was activated, that it has available funds, and that the transaction is not being blocked for some reason.
If your bank or financial institution is not blocking the transaction, try the next solution.
Solution 3: Try your purchase again later
The Microsoft purchase might be blocked for one of the following reasons:
- Too many recent declined purchase attempts occurred.
- The Microsoft account or the payment option is being used from a suspicious location.
- The payment option you provided may have a violation for non-payment that’s preventing it from being used for new purchases.
Wait and try the transaction again in 24 to 48 hours. When a number of purchase failures occur, this can prevent transactions from being processed until no purchase attempts have been made for a while (usually 24 to 48 hours).
If the problem still occurs after you’ve waited 48 hours, try the next solution.
Solution 4: Use a new payment option
Your payment option might have a billing decline violation against it or a previously unpaid balance. If this is the case, you’ll need to provide a different credit card for the purchase.
To resolve this problem, add a new payment option to your Microsoft account, and then try to make your purchase again using the new option. See Add a payment option online, select Add payment option on the left side of the screen, and then follow the instructions.
If this solution doesn’t resolve the problem, try the next solution.
Solution 5: Use an Xbox gift card if available
Alternatively, you can buy an Xbox gift card from a retail location and redeem it for Microsoft purchases.
Note Not all purchases support Xbox gift cards. Before purchasing one, make sure your purchase allows use of gift cards.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Thanks for your feedback!
Provide feedback for this topic
Would you like to contact Support regarding the "Error 8004ad43 occurs when you’re making a purchase on Xbox 360" issue you were reading about or a different issue?