Error 80153410 occurs when you try to buy or download content from Xbox Live
You see the following error message when you try to buy or download content from Xbox Live:
Can't retrieve information from Xbox Live. Please try again later.
Status Code: 80153410
This may mean one of the following:
- There’s a problem with your network configuration.
- There’s a temporary problem with Xbox Live.
- The content is no longer available.
- There’s a problem with your Xbox Live account.
To resolve this issue, try the following solutions:
Solution 1: Check your billing address
Make sure the billing address for your Xbox Live account matches the billing address used by your credit card company. To change the billing address for your Xbox Live account, see Change your Xbox Live account information.
If your Xbox Live account address matches the billing address used by your credit card company, try the next solution.
Solution 2: Update the security proofs for your Microsoft account
To resolve this issue, verify and, if necessary, add security proofs to your Microsoft account. For example, add a new email address or phone number. For information about how to manage the security proofs for your Microsoft account, see Get help with your Microsoft account security proofs.
After you verify and update the security proofs for your Microsoft account, sign in to Xbox Live, and then try to purchase or download the content again.
Solution 3: Check the status of the Xbox Live service
The Xbox Live service might be unavailable due to system maintenance. Check the status of the Xbox Live service. If there’s an Xbox Live service alert, wait 72 hours and then try to purchase or download the content again.
If there are no Xbox Live service alerts and you continue to get the error, try the next solution.
Solution 4: Test your connection
Test the Xbox Live connection on your Xbox 360 console. Here’s how:
- Press the Guide button on your controller.
- Go to settings and then System Settings.
- Select Network Settings.
- Select Wired Network or the name of your wireless network, if you are prompted.
- Select Test Xbox Live Connection.
- Do one of the following:
- If the test fails and you can't connect to Xbox Live, see Xbox Live: Connect to Xbox Live.
- If the Xbox Live service is available, try the next solution.
- If there is an Xbox Live service alert, try again later when the Xbox Live service is available.
If you still get the error, try the next solution.
Solution 5: Contact Xbox Support
For more help, contact Xbox Support by clicking the “Contact us” link at the bottom of this page.
Connect your Xbox 360 console to Xbox Live at another location that uses a different ISP. For example, take the console to a friend’s house and connect to Xbox Live there to perform the download.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Thanks for your feedback!
Provide feedback for this topic
Would you like to contact Support regarding the "Error 80153410 occurs when you try to buy or download content from Xbox Live" issue you were reading about or a different issue?