Error 83820065 occurs when you use a credit card to make a purchase on Xbox 360
You see the following error code when you use a credit card to make a purchase on Xbox 360:
This may mean that your payment option can’t be authorized through your bank, or that Microsoft detects suspicious activity and is preventing charges.
To resolve this issue, try the following solutions.
Solution 1: Check your billing address
Make sure that the billing address for your Microsoft account matches the billing address you use with your credit card company. Also, make sure that your card's expiration date hasn't passed. Here's how:
- Sign in to the Payment & billing page with your Microsoft account.
- If you don't know your Microsoft account email address or password, use the Lost Account Solution or the Lost Password Solution.
- Select Billing info, and then follow the steps to review your billing information.
Note If there's an error, select Edit profile, and then follow the instructions to update the information.
Solution 2: Update or change your payment option
You may be using a payment option that has expired or needs updating. To change or update your payment option, go to Change a payment option, select Update a payment option or add payment option on the left side of the screen, and then follow the instructions.
Solution 3: Contact your financial institution
The purchase might have failed for any of these reasons:
- The credit card has not been activated.
- The credit card was declined due to insufficient funds.
- The credit card is not authorized for online purchases or automatic billing.
- The credit card company is blocking the transaction.
Contact your credit card company or bank and make sure that the card you're using was activated, that it has available funds, and that the transaction is not being blocked for any reason.
Solution 4: Try your purchase again later
The purchase might be blocked for any of these reasons:
- Too many recent purchase attempts were declined.
- The Microsoft account or the payment option is being used from a suspicious location.
- The payment option you provided may have a violation for non-payment that's preventing it from being used for new purchases.
Wait and try the transaction again in 24 to 48 hours. If a number of purchase failures occur, this can prevent transactions from being processed until no purchase attempts have been made for a while (usually 24 to 48 hours).
Solution 5: Use a prepaid code or Xbox gift card
As an alternative to using a credit or bank card, you can purchase an Xbox gift card from a retailer and use it to make purchases. Note that not all purchases support Xbox gift cards or prepaid options. Before purchasing a Xbox gift card or a prepaid card, make sure that purchase option is available for the item you want to purchase.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Thanks for your feedback!
Provide feedback for this topic
Would you like to contact Support regarding the "Error 83820065 occurs when you use a credit card to make a purchase on Xbox 360" issue you were reading about or a different issue?