Set up and use the RTÉ Player app on Xbox 360
To watch RTÉ Player on your console, you need the following:
- To be signed in to an Xbox Live account
- At least 117 megabytes of available space
Download the RTÉ Player app
- On your console, sign in with your Xbox Live-enabled gamertag.
- Go to apps and select Browse Apps.
- Browse for and select RTÉ Player to download and install the app.
To start the RTÉ Player app later, go to apps, My Apps, and then RTÉ Player.
Watch RTÉ Player
From the Dashboard, go to apps, My Apps, and then RTÉ Player.
- From the Programmes hub, you can watch any of the featured programmes in the centre. You can also select Popular to see what’s trending on the service.
Navigate to Favourites, Genre, Popular or Latest for more ways to browse for content. You can also select Search to locate content by name.
- Select something to watch, and then select Play.
Use Family Settings to control access to content
If you use Family Settings to control what kinds of films and TV programmes can be watched through Xbox Live on your console, the RTÉ Player app will follow those settings. For example, if you prohibit shows with certain ratings from being watched on Xbox Live, those programmes will be marked in the RTÉ Player app with a “restricted” icon. To play a restricted item, an adult must enter the Family Settings pass code.
For more information about how to restrict access to Xbox Live content by using Family Settings, see Set parental control for Xbox 360 and Xbox Live.
To provide better support, did this solution solve your problem?
Thank you for your feedback
Thanks for your feedback!
Provide feedback for this topic
Would you like to contact Support regarding the "Set up and use the RTÉ Player app on Xbox 360" issue you were reading about or a different issue?