Error code C101002B occurs when you’re trying to use the Zune software
Note As of November 15, 2015, the Zune service has been discontinued. This may cause errors when attempting to stream or download content or update the service.
If you see error code C101002B when you’re trying to use the Zune software, it means that there's a problem with the country or region setting on your computer or Zune account. For example:
- The country or region setting on your computer may be incorrect.
- The country or region setting on your computer may not match your Zune account’s regional settings.
Solution 1: Make sure that your computer’s regional settings match your Zune account’s regional settings
First, check your Zune account settings:
- Go to Billing Contact Information on Xbox.com to review your Zune account information. Sign in using your Microsoft account (formerly called Windows Live ID).
- Check the location that’s listed under Country/Region.
Next, check the regional settings on your computer:
- Click Start. In the Start search box, type Region and Language.
On Windows 8: From the Start screen, start typing region and make sure that Settings is selected in the search bar at right. When region appears on the screen, tap or click the icon. Your region appears in the window.
- Click Region and Language, and you’ll see your region listed at the top of the window.
If the region and language listed for your Zune account doesn't match the one listed for your computer, correct it. Then, try to use your Zune software again.
Note Your current location will vary.
Solution 2: Create a new Zune account and Microsoft account (formerly called Windows Live ID)
If the location settings on your computer are correct, but the settings on your Zune account are incorrect, you will have to create a new Zune and Microsoft account. This means you’ll lose access to content you downloaded or purchased from your previous or existing account.
Note Changing the region of your existing Microsoft account won't fix the problem.
- To determine the location settings on your computer and Zune account, see Solution 1.
- To create a new Microsoft account, go to Microsoft account sign up and fill in all the required information to create a new account. Make sure that you set Country/Region to your correct location.
Note If this link takes you to an existing account, sign out of your page, and then click the link again to create a new account.
- To create a new Zune account, open the Zune software, and then sign in to your current account.
- Right-click your Zune tag, click Switch user, and then click Create a new account.
- Follow the steps to create your new Zune account.
To provide better support, did this solution solve your problem?
Thank you for your feedback
Thanks for your feedback!
Provide feedback for this topic
Would you like to contact Support regarding the "Error code C101002B occurs when you’re trying to use the Zune software" issue you were reading about or a different issue?