UPnP not successful in your network settings
Universal Plug and Play (UPnP) is what your Xbox uses to set up your router for multiplayer gaming and chat. If you see “UPnP Not Successful” in your console’s Network settings, first check to see if your router needs an update. If your router has the latest manufacturer update:
- Log in to your router’s setup webpage, and make sure its UPnP setting is turned on. You can usually find first time help with this in the router manual or on the manufacturer support site.
- Turn the UPnP setting off, and save your changes.
- Restart your console, your modem, and your router.
- Turn the UPnP setting back on, and save your changes. If there’s a Zero Config setting, make sure it’s turned on as well.
- Restart your modem and router.
Once you reset your router, restart your console, and check your Network settings again to make sure the UPnP message us gone.
If UPnP still isn’t working, or it isn’t supported on your gateway/router you can also try using the router’s DMZ, Port Forwarding, or Port Triggering features.
For more help, see the Xbox One Multiplayer Game Solution.
For more information, visit our Networking Hardware Information forums to learn how to configure and update your specific network hardware.
To provide better support, did this solution solve your problem?
Thank you for your feedback
Thanks for your feedback!
Provide feedback for this topic
Would you like to contact Support regarding the "UPnP not successful in your network settings" issue you were reading about or a different issue?