Cineplex Store app on Xbox 360
On this page
To use the Cineplex Store app, you need the following:
- To be signed in to an Xbox Live account.
- At least 134 megabytes of available space.
- A Cineplex Store account.
Download the Cineplex Store app
To download the app, follow these steps:
- On your console, sign in with your Xbox Live gamertag.
- Go to apps, and then select Browse Apps or Search Apps.
- Browse or search for the Cineplex Store app.
- Select Cineplex Store, and then select Download.
- Select Confirm Purchase to download and install the app.
To start the Cineplex Store app later, go to apps, My Apps, and then Cineplex Store.
Set up the Cineplex Store app on Xbox 360
The first time you start the Cineplex Store app on Xbox 360, you must sign in to your Cineplex Store account.
- Make sure you’ve subscribed to a Cineplex Store account.
- Go to apps, My Apps, and then select Cineplex Store.
- Sign in with your Cineplex Store account.
Manage your Cineplex Store account
You can manage your Cineplex Store account from a browser on an Internet-enabled device by visiting the Cineplex Store and signing in with your Cineplex Store account information.
For support concerning your Cineplex Store account, see Cineplex Store Support.
Use Family Settings to control access to content
If you use Family Settings to control which movies and TV shows can be watched through Xbox Live on your console, the Cineplex Store app will follow those settings. For example, if you use parental controls to restrict access to some kinds of TV programs, those programs will be marked with a “restricted” icon in the Cineplex Store app. To play a restricted item, an adult must enter the Family Settings pass code.
For more information about how to restrict access to Xbox Live content by using Family Settings, see Set parental controls for Xbox 360.
If the Cineplex Store app isn't functioning smoothly on your console, you may have a connectivity problem. See Troubleshoot Xbox 360 connection to Xbox Live.Xbox 360 audio or video problems
If your Xbox 360 console isn't providing good-quality video or audio for your app, see Audio or video problems in an app on Xbox 360.The Cineplex Store app doesn't respond
- From the Xbox Dashboard, go to settings and then System.
- Select Storage.
- Select your primary storage device.
- Select Games and Apps.
- Find and highlight the Cineplex Store app. Press the Y button to access Game Options.
- Select Delete, and then confirm that you want to delete all items related to the app.
- Go back to the Dashboard.
- Go to apps and then to Browse Apps or Search Apps.
- Browse or search for the Cineplex Store app and then select it.
- Select Download and then Confirm Purchase to download and install the app.
If the app still doesn't respond, contact Xbox Support.
You may get one of the following error messages when you try to use the Cineplex Store app.
- The video cannot be played at this time.
- A missing data error has occurred.
- Sorry, the video you were interested in is no longer available.
To resolve the error, wait for approximately one minute. Then, try to launch the content again.
If you continue to receive this error, return to the prior menu and select a different piece of content to watch. To notify the Cineplex Store of the content error, visit Cineplex Store Support.
- Sorry, the Cineplex Store server isn’t available right now. Please select the retry button below or try again later. For more information, go to www.xbox.com/status.
- The Application has encountered an unexpected error and will now exit.
- Cineplex Store Server unavailable.
- A server or network error has occurred. Please try again later.
- An unknown error has occurred.
- An internal error has occurred.
To resolve the error, follow these steps:
- Go to www.xbox.com/status to make sure that there is not an issue with the service provider.
- If there is no issue and you receive this error message when you try to launch the Cineplex Store app or content within the app, wait for approximately one minute. Then, try to launch the app again.
- If you continue to receive this error, delete the Cineplex Store app and reinstall.
- If this does not resolve your problem, contact Xbox Support.
Cineplex Store is responsible for all content in the app. To report a content error, visit Cineplex Store Support.
To provide better support, did this solution solve your problem?
Thank you for your feedback
Thanks for your feedback!
Provide feedback for this topic
Would you like to contact Support regarding the "Cineplex Store app on Xbox 360" issue you were reading about or a different issue?